Cannabidiol effectively relieves many of the factors that impair our focus — pain, anxiety sleep — and can therefore naturally help boost our concentration.
Research investigating additional effects of CBD on concentration is currently anecdotal, but results are promising. A 2017 study on adults with ADHD showed that a combination of CBD and THC led to the reduction of ADHD-related symptoms.
While there always remains more research to be done on how cannabidiol works and the various benefits it provides, it is clear that CBD can positively impact our health and wellbeing:
- CBD increases the effects of our endocannabinoid system. The ECS is a complex system that works to maintain homeostasis, our body’s internal stability and balance.
- CBD boasts potent anti-inflammatory properties, and therefore helps alleviate inflammation-related conditions including acne, psoriasis, arthritis, and multiple sclerosis.
- CBD can relieve pain that results from inflammation, but also other forms of pain, including back pain, cancer-related pain, neuropathic pain and the relief of chemotherapy effects.
- Beyond its effect on physical conditions, CBD can help manage anxiety-related conditions such as PTSD and social anxiety disorder.
- Though more research must be done to understand how and why, CBD has been shown to improve sleep cycles and reduce grogginess.
- CBD relieves many of the natural factors that decrease focus, thereby boosting concentration. Anecdotal studies show promising effects on the relief of ADHD-related symptoms.